|Capacity||+12 Months||+24 Months||+36 Months|
|50cc-125cc ||£139||£229||£299||buy online|
WHAT IS COVERED?
If during the period of your service contract your vehicle suffers a sudden and unexpected mechanical breakdown within the territorial limits of the service contract, we will cover the cost of the parts listed and the associated labour, up to the repair request limit specified on the agreement form, but subject to any lower limits applicable to a particular part. Repair requests must be made in accordance with the repair request procedures, terms and conditions, described in this service contract.
Or inform Motogb Warranties in writing of any changes or modifications to the vehicle or their personal circumstances, such as change of address, email or contact details.
HOW DO I KNOW THAT MY SERVICE CONTRACT IS VALID?
You should have been provided with an agreement form containing your service contract number plus details of the level of cover selected at the point of purchase or shortly after. If you have not received this, please contact the administrator on 01257 485222.
Please refer to your agreement form for confirmation of the service levels you have been supplied with or have purchased.
Please read this document carefully and make sure you understand and fully comply with its terms and conditions. Failure to do so may jeopardise the payment of any repair request, which might arise and could lead to the service contract becoming void. Please ensure you keep this document in a safe place so you can read it again if you need to.
The words or expressions detailed below have the following meaning wherever they appear in this service contract.
Shall mean Motogb Ltd Warranties, whose registered address is: White Bear Yard Park Road Adlington Chorley Lancashire PR7 4HZ
Shall mean the person named on the agreement form as being the customer.
The service contract is a contract of services between you, the legal owner of the vehicle as named on the agreement form and the administrator. It is a contract for services that covers the vehicle for sudden and unexpected mechanical breakdown as defined by
the Period of Cover and the repair request limit as detailed on the agreement form.
Please note that this service contract is not an insurance product.
This service contract does not affect your legal rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015. You can get advice about your rights from your local Citizens Advice Bureau or Trading Standards Service.
Motogb Ltd Warranties: White Bear Yard Park Road Adlington Chorley Lancashire PR7 4HZ
Shall mean the process you need to follow to notify us that your vehicle has experienced a sudden and unexpected mechanical breakdown.
Repair request limit
Is the maximum amount that can be provided on each individual repair request exclusive of VAT as stated on the agreement form. The maximum amount that can be provided under the service contract during the period of cover is limited to the purchase price of the vehicle in aggregate.
Confirmation of the vehicle, the service contract holder’s details, service contract duration, type of cover selected and repair request limit applicable.
Any other costs which are directly or indirectly caused by the event which led to your repair request are not applicable, unless specifically stated in this service contract.
Is a contribution from the service contract holder where the repaired vehicle ultimately will be in a better condition or have a better value than it enjoyed immediately prior to the repair request.
Shall mean what a vehicle repairer can charge by
the hour to cover their labour costs, subject to the maximum labour rate stated on your agreement form.
Shall mean internal failure which is hereby defined
as the actual and sudden mechanical failure or breakdown of an item listed under the ‘What is Covered’ section which results in the sudden stoppage of its normal functions and which necessitates repair or replacement to resume those functions. Failure or breakdown, which ultimately results from wear and tear is excluded from the scope of cover afforded by this service contract.
Period of cover
The service contract commences on the date shown on the agreement form or with new vehicles on the expiry of the manufacturer’s warranty period. The duration of your service contract is also stated on the agreement form.
England, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Wales, Isle of Man and the Channel Islands.
Wear and tear
The gradual deterioration associated with normal use and age of the vehicle and its components.
Fixed Rate Timetable
Fixed rate timetable as set out by Motogb brand manufacture repair schedule industry reference, including but not limited, for the confirmation of repair times and service requirements used extensively by the motogb group.
We hope you are happy with the cover this service contract provides. However, if after reading this document, this service contract does not meet with your requirements, please return to your supplying dealer within 7 days of issue who will give you a refund if you have purchased it separately.
DATA PROTECTION ACT 1998
Please note that any information provided to us will be processed by us and our agents in compliance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998, for the purpose of providing cover and handling repair requests, if any, which may necessitate providing such information to third parties.
Please read this service contract carefully and keep it safe along with the agreement form. You will need these documents should you need to make a repair request.
If you do have any questions about this service contract you should in the first instance contact the administrators. The contact details are:
Customer services / Claims department
Address: White Bear Yard, Park Road Adlington, Chorley, Lancashire, PR7 4HZ
+44 (0) 844 412 8450
Fax:+44 (0) 844 412 8470
Mon-Sat: 8:00am - 5:30pm
Saturday & Sunday is closed
If you consider you have a repair request DO NOT proceed with repairs until the repair request has been approved.
If the vehicle shows signs of an imminent failure,
DO NOT continue to use it. This may aggravate the problem and cause greater damage for which we will not be liable. Your repairer must find the cause of
the problem and verify if it is covered by the service contract. We will not pay for any stripping down of
the vehicle or parts to determine the cause of the failure unless we accept the repair request. The most we will pay in total is restricted to the repair request limit as noted on the agreement form for a single repair request and up to the vehicle purchase price in total. Please note: Your repairer must be VAT registered.
Your repairer must telephone the Claims Department on +44 (0) 844 412 8450
At that time the following information will be required:
Service contract number
Service contract holder’s name
Nature of repair request Total cost
Service history (if applicable)
If the failed component is listed under this service contract you must obtain authority from the claims department before commencing any repairs. Admission of liability is conditional on the terms and conditions of this service contract being adhered to, for example, servicing.
3. On receipt of any supporting service invoices (where required), we may approve repairs immediately or alternatively: call for other estimates; nominate another repairer; investigate the repair request further; request other forms of supporting evidence e.g. photo/video; or appoint an independent assessor to inspect the vehicle and or failed components.
4. When repairs are approved a repair request number will be issued for the repairs to be carried out, along with a repair request form to be signed and dated by the service contract holder.
5. On completion of the repairs, send the following documents to the administrator at the address on page 3 of this service contract:
1. The repairer’s VAT invoice, which must quote the repair request number, vehicle details, failure mileage and details of who to pay.
2. Supporting documentation as requested by the repair request adviser such as the signed repair request form and proof of payment for the repair.
The administrator’s working hours are 9am – 5pm, Monday to Friday, excluding bank/ public holidays.
HOW TO REQUEST A REPAIR PAYMENT
Once all supporting documents are received the administrator will reimburse the dealer directly for the repairer, subject to the terms and conditions of the service contract. If a balance is due, you must pay it direct to the repairer.
Please Note: Repair requests are paid to the agreed payee.
Please Note: Repair request documentation must
be received by the Claims Department within 7 days of completion of repairs, otherwise they cannot be accepted. Repair requests received beyond this date will be subject to review in terms of the reason for delay and it shall be at the discretion of the company to accept such repair requests. VAT on repairs covered by the service contract is not reimbursed where you are VAT registered.
You are covered only for the parts described in this service contract.
You are covered up to the repair request limits shown on the agreement form or any lower limit that may be specified within this service contract.
We may insist that your repairer use exchanged or reconditioned parts to effect a repair.
If the part to be replaced has some wear or the
part improves the general condition or value of
the vehicle, you may be required to pay a specified amount towards the improvement. Please refer to the betterment section of your service contract under the terms and conditions section.
The administrator cannot agree to any repair request without providing a repair request number. The repairer should not start any repairs without this number. Please quote your repair request number every time you contact us about your repair request and make sure the repairer includes this number on his invoice.
COMPONENTS NOT COVERED BY THIS SERVICE CONTRACT
Gradual deterioration of performance of a component in line with the age and mileage of the vehicle will be classed as “wear and tear” and is excluded from the service contract.
All bodywork and trim, saddles and panniers, glass, fuel tank, wheels and tyres, light units and air bags or disposal of air bags.
External fluid leaks, odours, external oil leaks, seals.
Consumable items such as, but not exclusively limited to light bulbs, drive belts, brake linings, brake discs, cables, bushes, spark plugs, all pipes,
all hoses, keys and key fobs.
Blocked, porous, corroded or seized components.
Nuts, bolts and mounting brackets.
The cost of any servicing or service items.
Burnt out valves, decarbonising and reseating
Gearbox - All external linkages and kick-start.
Brake calipers and caliper motors.
Clearing or cleaning of fuel lines or components, contamination of fuel system either by incorrect fuelling or water ingress.
Clutch components and drive sprockets.
Electrical connections, wiring looms, HT leads and batteries.
Exhaust system, including but not limited to manifolds, mufflers, brackets and mountings.
Water ingress and damage caused to any component by water ingress.
Software, firmware or “flash” updates for any component.
Paint - The painting of parts replaced under the service contract will not be covered.
Chains, belts, sprockets and rubber couplings.
Seals & gaskets of any description, save where specifically covered, including but not limited to sealing compounds, silicone sealant and liquid gaskets.
Those components covered are covered against mechanical breakdown. The replacement of oil filters, lubricants, antifreeze and fluids is included provided the replacement is necessitated by the failure of a authorised component and the vehicle is not within 1,000 miles of its next due service.
External oil leaks are specifically excluded.
Wheel Bearing, Coil/Leaf spring and Intake Manifold (including Flap motors and runners) failure will be covered on vehicles up to 5 years old or 70,000 miles, whichever comes first.
- Where the failure has been confirmed on a diagnostic machine, the fault codes must be submitted as supporting evidence, along with the repair request invoice.
- Catalytic converter and EGR valves are covered for failure only. Faults due to corrosion, blockage or failure to re-generate are excluded.
WARNING TIMING/ DRIVE BELTS
Otherwise known as camshaft drive belts. If your vehicle has a timing belt, please make sure it is in good condition and that it is checked and changed in line with the manufacturer’s recommendation. If the timing belt breaks it can cause serious and unnecessary engine damage and inconvenience.
No responsibility will be accepted for damage caused
by the failure of a worn out/or incorrectly fitted timing belt.
Subject to our approval, this service contract may only be transferred with the vehicle direct to a new private owner. Application must be made to the Administrator within 14 days of the change of ownership. The Administrator will charge £35 for this service.
Under no circumstances can this service contract be transferred to another vehicle or to/via any member of the motor trade. If the cover is transferred to a new owner the service contract will not be subject to the cancellation period. Please note that any existing faults at the time of transfer will not be covered.
The vehicle must be serviced in line with the manufacturer’s recommended guidelines. If there is no valid service record book or printed service history supplied with the vehicle, then the first service must be carried out within 300 miles or 12 months from date of purchase (whichever comes first). The service must be completed at a VAT registered garage and must consist of the following as a minimum requirement:
1. Change engine oil and filter.
2. Check oil levels in the gearbox and differential top up where necessary.
3. Check coolant level and anti-freeze/inhibitor strength top up where necessary.
4. Check timing belt (if fitted), and renew if necessary.
5. Brake fluid must be replaced in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendation.
A valid service history supplied with the vehicle, With the manufacturers recommended schedule must be followed. Servicing must be completed at a VAT registered motogb dealership garage and fully itemised invoices must be retained. Pre-delivery inspection will not be classed as a service. If any circumstances prevent the service being carried out at the correct time, Motogb Ltd Warranties must be informed immediately by recorded delivery.
The only acceptable proof of servicing will be the fully detailed VAT service invoices indicating servicing dates and mileages and/or a correctly completed and fully stamped service booklet or online history.
Please retain proof of all previous service invoices for our inspection in the event of a repair request.
Failure of the above service requirements will result in automatic rejection of the repair request and your service contract will become null and void.
This section details the terms, conditions and exclusions of this service contract:
3. The supplying dealer has given the administrator your information in order to validate the contract for services between you and the administrator.
4. The Company will not pay more than the repair request limit shown on the agreement form or, if lower, in this service contract booklet.
5. No liability will be accepted for any repair request that is reported to the administrator more than seven days after the relevant fault is discovered.
7. Authorised repairs must be completed within 30 days of approval issue date.Repair request documentation must be received by the repairrequest department within 7 days of completion of repairs, otherwise they cannot be accepted.
8. The maximum repair requests in aggregate we will pay during the period of cover is up to the purchase price of the vehicle as stated on the agreement form.
9. The amount of time allowed for labour will be according to manufaturer recomendations and the labour rate will be specific to motogb time table throughout our dealer network. The administrator reserves the right to examine the vehicle and failed part and to subject them to expert independent assessment to determine the amount to be paid in respect of a repair request. This will be subject to the repair request limits and the terms and conditions of your service contract.
10. Services must be carried out in accordance with the schedule described in the service requirements section of this service contract (page 9) - you must keep all the service invoices in the event of any repair request.
11. The mileage quoted on the agreement form does not guarantee this is the true distance the vehicle has covered and the mileage should be disregarded.
12. Your service contract excludes any liability for death, bodily injury or loss of or damage to property other than the listed components or loss of use or any consequential loss of whatsoever nature.
13. No liability will be accepted for damage caused by: • Neglect;
• Water Ingress;
• Any foreign matter getting into or onto a part;
• Lack of servicing;
• Over-heating or freezing;
• Damage to parts not covered by this service contract.
14. No liability will be accepted for: parts that have been fitted incorrectly, the effects of poor repairs, faults or defects at the time of the sale, parts
that have been made or designed badly, parts not fitted as standard or optional extras by the manufacturer, unless cover for such items is agreed beforehand.
15. The administrator may declare void any service contract where the agreement form does not correctly show the exact vehicle type, model, age and mileage. If you give incorrect information on the agreement form, your service contract may be void, or at the administrator’s option, allowed to continue subject to the payment and receipt of any additional fee that may be required to reflect the correct information.
16. If you have not kept to the conditions of the service contract, you agree that your repair request will be rejected and that your service contract will be cancelled.
17. If you or a repairer makes a false or dishonest repair request, your service contract will be cancelled and legal action may be taken against you.
18. In the event of a repair request the administrator reserves the right to call for a contribution from the service contract holder for betterment should the repaired vehicle ultimately be in a better condition or have a better value than it enjoyed immediately prior to the repair request.
19. You cannot change the terms and conditions unless you have written agreement from MotoGB Ltd.
20. If you are in breach of any of the terms of this service contract, the administrator may cancel this service contract by giving 14 days notice by recorded delivery to the last known address of the service contract holder.
21. No liability will be accepted for any consequential loss or damage to parts not covered by this service contract where consequential loss is caused by a covered part.
22. The administrators reserve the right to amend the service contract details from each renewal year.
23. If the administrator accepts that there is a repair request under this service contract but there is
a disagreement in respect of the amount to be paid, the disagreement will be referred to an independent arbitrator. In these circumstances the arbitrator’s award must be made before there is any right of action against the Company.
24. The Terms and Conditions and application details will be read as one contract. A word or expression to which a specific meaning has been attached will keep the same meaning wherever it appears unless specifically stated otherwise. A particular word or phrase, which is not defined will have its ordinary meaning.
25. Non-Disclosure, Misrepresentation or Misdescription - this service contract is voidable if you or anyone acting for you fails to disclose, misrepresents or misdescribes any material fact. If the administrator voids this service contract they will void it in its entirety and no cover will apply.
26. Should the vehicle be involved in a total loss claim via your own motor policy, this service contract will become void and no refund will be offered.
27. No liability will be accepted for any repair request, if at the time of the reported failure, the vehicle
is being used in contravention of the current legislation with regards to MOT, Vehicle Excise Duty (Road Tax) and Motor Insurance.
28. Unless specifically agreed otherwise, the law that will apply is English law.
29. If your vehicle is found to be fitted with any form of fuel tamper device then your service contract will be void.
The Company shall not be liable for any repair requests arising thereby or indirectly caused or contributed by or in consequence of a loss;
1. (a) Occurring during the warranty or warranty period of any manufacturers or the dealer’s excess period (if any) or where faults have developed during such period prior to the commencement of the service contract (provided they were evident at that time) and which have not been completely rectified.
(b) Resulting from any modification to the vehicle or the substitution of components by nonstandard components or equipment not approved by the manufacturer of the vehicle.
(c) If the mileometer has been altered or disconnected or inoperative resulting in the misrepresentation of the vehicle’s actual mileage.
(d) Caused by or arising from:
(i) Overheating, corrosion or the gradual reduction in operating performance commensurate with the age and mileage covered by the vehicle. This includes, but is not limited to:
(a) The gradual loss of engine compression necessitating the repair of valves or rings
(b) Gradual increase in oil consumption due to normal operating functions
(ii) The use of a grade of fuel not recommended
by the manufacturer of the vehicle or the ingress of foreign matter into fuel, lubricants or cooling system. The use of inadequate or improper antifreeze protection.
3. (iii) Routine servicing maintenance or repair of the vehicle or from negligence, abuse or wilful damage.
4. (iv) The subjecting of the vehicle to a load greater than that permitted by the manufacturer’s recommendations.
5. (v) Fire, self-ignition, lightning, earthquake, explosion, frost, storm, tempest, flood, water damage, theft or attempted theft, aircraft or other aerial devices or articles dropped there from or any extreme cause.
6. (vi) Any road traffic accident, collision or fire damage; including total loss of vehicle.
5. (e) Involving components subject to recall or repair or replacement by the manufacturer or attributable to a manufacturer’s design defect.
6. (f) Directly or indirectly caused by or arising out of war, invasion, act of foreign enemy, hostilities (whether war be declared or not), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection or military or usurped power, riot, civil commotion, strikes, lockout, confiscation or detention by customs or other officials or authorities, malicious intent or vandalism.
2. Local taxes, when repairs are completed outside of the UK.
3. Any ancillary components or equipment not listed under the “What is Covered” section.
4. Mechanical breakdown due to lack of fuel, antifreeze, hydraulic fluids, grease or oils.
5. Investigatory or remedial work commenced before authorisation by the administrator.
6. Costs incurred in routine servicing or repairs.
7. Any parts, which have not failed but have been reported as requiring replacement during routine servicing and/or repairs or at the time of when a service contract repair is in progress.
8. Liability, which attaches to the service contract holder by virtue of an agreement but which would not have attached in the absence of such agreement.
9. Any vehicle owned by a garage or its associated companies or by the proprietor of such garage
or associated companies or by an employee or relative of such proprietor or component breakage occurring whilst the vehicle is in the custody or control of such persons.
10. Any liability for death, bodily injury or loss of
or damage to property other than the covered components or loss of use or any consequential loss of whatsoever nature.
11. Non-compliance with the conditions relating to the servicing of the vehicle.
12. Any faults of defects deemed to have been present at the time of service contract inception.
13. The cost of any servicing or service items.
At the end of your service contract period, please telephone 01257 485222 and quote your existing service contract number which is printed on your agreement form. We may ask additional details in order for us to help you manage unexpected vehicle repair bills in the future.